Sunday, September 16, 2012

repurposing idea & a win!

My husband went on a mining conference and Carmen and I generally have a good rumage though what he brings back.  Anything interesting from a mining conference you might ask.  This time a gem!  A lovely hession bag - but unfortunately with a logo printed on it.  So here's what I did:
  1. Found a piece of hession ribbon lying around
  2. Did some blankt stitch over around the edges (my blanket stitch needs practise)
  3. Added a red felt heart (I had made quite a few some time ago and cannot remember what I was going to do with them) to cover the one little piece of the logo that was sticking out.
  4. Lastly a silver heart charm was sewn on the other hearts
Now, a new bag to use for whatever!  Took me all of twenty minutes to do.  So before you toss it see if you can recycle it!  Cannot wait for the next conference!

On another note, I have been lucky to win a few things over the years and yesterday was my latest win.  Cannot wait to taste, but the decorations are too nice to take off (have I mentioned that I still have the flowers that were on my wedding cake - lots of years ago!)  I know I should have cropped away the placemat  - at least you know now that we eat at the table!

1 comment:

  1. The bag is really cute. My beautiful room is not so beautiful anymore. Spent the whole day making cards (think I made about 10) so it looks like a war zone!
    That is a beautiful cake, but my daughter, the cake artist, would tell you that cakes are baked to be eaten. So cut it and get on with it. I am willing to come and help you eat if youi want. LOL

    ReplyDelete